-->

English Grammar Narration – HS Second year

 

HS Narration by Mr. Rupjyoti Goswami 

Fully Solved Narration – HS Second year


HS-2024

(a) M. Hamel said, "My children, this is the last lesson I shall give you. The order has come from Berlin to teach only German in the schools of Alsace and Lorrain."

Ans:- Addressing the gathering as his children, M. Hamel said that was the last lesson he would give them. He added that the order had come from Berlin to teach only German in the schools of Alsace and Lorrain.

(b) Aditi asked Raju if his sister was at home. Raju replied that she was not. She had gone shopping with their mother.

Ans:- Aditi said to Raju, "Is your sister at home?" Raju replied, "She isn't. She has gone shopping with our mother".

(c) He said to me, "How long will you stay here ?" I replied that I would stay for a week.

Ans:- He asked me how long I could stay there. I said, "I will stay for a week."


HS - 2023

(a) The gentleman said to the salesman, "What is the price of this Dictionary ?" The salesman said to him, "It is a bit expe nsive. But I can give it to you at a 10 per cent discount".

Ans:- The gentleman asked the salesman what the price of that Dictionary was. The salesman replied that it was a bit expensive. He further added/also said that he could give that to him at a 10 per cent discount.

(b) I asked the old lady where Professor Sarmah lived. The lady replied regretfully that she didn't know.

Ans:-I said to the old lady, "Where does Professor Sarmah live?" The lady said, "Sorry, I don't know."

(c) The girl said to the teacher, "Madam, I am weak in English and seek your advice." The teacher said, "Read the text thoroughly and try to express your ideas in simple correct English."

Ans:-The girl told the teacher that she was weak in English and sought her advice. The teacher advised her to read the text thoroughly and try to express her ideas in simple correct English.

(d) "Let's buy some milk and prepare milkshake for us", said Aruna. "The milkshake we're drinking now is utterly tasteless."

Ans:- Aruna proposed to buy some milk and prepare milkshake for them. She also said that the milkshake they were drinking then was utterly tasteless.


HS - 2022
(a) "Why aren't you wearing shoes?" the teacher asks the girl. "My mother did not bring them down from the shelf", she answers simply. HS-2013
Ans:- The teacher asks the girl why she is not wearing shoes. She answers simply that hers mother did not bring them down from the self.
(b) I asked my friend why he looked so sad. He replied that his father was seriously ill and there was little hope for his recovery. HS-2002
Ans:- I said to my friend, "Why do you look so sad?" He replied, "My father is seriously ill and there is little hope of his recovery.
(c) My friend said to me, "I am very thirsty. Please give me a glass of water." HS-2017
Ans:- My friend told me that he was very thirsty. He requested me to give him a glass of water.
(d) Reena asked the boy what the matter was and why he was crying. She also advised him to be cheerful.      HS-2019
Ans:-Reena said to the boy, "What is the matter? Why are you crying?" He said to him, "Be cheerful."

HS - 2020
(a) Alexander said to Porus, "How do you desire to be treated?" He answered, "Like a king."
Ans:-Alexander asked Porus how he desired to be treated. Porus replied that he wanted to be treated like a king.  
(b) The boys exclaimed in joy that they had all passed the test and that they would celebrate their success the next day.
Ans:-The boy said, "Hurrah! we have all passed the test. We will celebrate our success tomorrow." 

HS - 2019
(a) Reena said to the boy, "What's the matter? Why are you crying? Be cheerful."
Ans:- Reena asked the boy what the matter was and why he was crying. She assured him to be cheerful.
(b) The customer inquired if he could get a garden-roller in that shop. The assistant respectfully replied that he would get it in the hardware department. 
Ans:- The customer said, "Can I get a garden-roller in this shop?" The assistant said, "Sir, you will get it in the hardware department."

HS - 2018
(a) The Speaker said, "I thank you, ladies and gentlemen, for giving me a kind hearing. When I arrived here yesterday I did not believe that I might meet so large a gathering."
Ans:- The speaker thanked the ladies and gentlemen for giving him a kind hearing. He further told them that when he arrived there the day before he had not believed that he might meet so large a gathering.
(b) His mother exclaimed in sorrow that she had not a bit of bread to give him and that he had eaten up all the provisions she had in the house the previous day. 
Ans:- His mother said to him, "Alas! I have not a bit of bread to give you. You ate up all the provisions I had in the house yesterday."

HS - 2017
(a) The boy said to the teacher, "Sir, I am weak in English and seek your advice."
"Read the text thoroughly and try to express your ideas in simple correct English." Said the teacher.
Ans:-The boy told the teacher respectfully that he was weak in English sought his advice. The teacher advised him to read the text thoroughly and try to express his ideas in simple correct English.
(b) My friend told me that he was very thirsty and requested me to give him a glass of water.
Ans:-My friend said to me, "I am very thirsty. Please give me a glass of water."

HS - 2016
(a) "How long do you have to wait for your train?" the woman asked me. "About an hour." I replied
And:-The woman asked me how long I had to wait for my train. I replied that about an hour.
 (b) I asked Ranjan where Neena lived. Ranjan replied regretfully that he didn't know.
And:-I said to Ranjan, "Where does Neena live?" Ranjan replied, "Sorry, I don't 

HS - 2015
(a) "Where do you go every Sunday?" I asked the girl. She replied, "I go to the church."
Ans:- I asked the girl where she went every Sunday.
(b) The teacher asked Rumi if she had read the Bible. She replied that she hadn't.
Ans:- The teacher said to Rumi, "Have you read the Bible? She said, "I haven't. 

HS - 2014
(a) The lady said to the salesman, "What is the price of this Barbie doll?" The salesman said to her, "It is a bit expensive.But I can give it to you at a 20 percent discount."
Ans : The lady asked the salesman what the price of that Barbie doll. The salesman told her that that was a bit expensive. But he could give that to her at a 20 percent discount.
(b) One day Mohan told me that he would become a doctor and leave Assam. I asked him if he knew about medicine.
Ans : "One day," Mohan said to me, "I shall be a doctor and leave Assam." I said to him, "Do you know about medicine."

HS - 2013
(a) "Why aren't you wearing chappals?" I ask one boy. "My mother did not bring them down from the self," he answers simply.
Ans : I ask the boy why he is not wearing chappals. He answers simply that his mother did not bring them down from the self.
(b) One day Mukesh told me that he would be motor mechanic and leave Firozabad. I asked him if he knew anything about cars.
Ans : "One day", Mukesh said to me, "I shall be motor mechanic and leave Firozabad." I said to him, "Do you know anything about cars?"

HS - 2012
(a) When John asked Marry whether she would help him, she replied that she would.
Ans:-When John asked to Marry, "Will you help me?" She replied, "I will."

HS - 2011
(a) Rajmi asked her friends if they were ready to go with her. They wanted to know what her attention was.
Ans:-Rajmi said to her friends, "Are you ready to go with me?" They said, "What is your attention?"
(b) The boy requested that he might be allowed to get in. But the teacher said, "No."
Ans:-The boy said to the teacher, "May I get in, Sir?" The teacher replied negatively.

HS - 2010
(a) I said to him, “How long will you stay?” He replied, "For five days."
Ans:-I asked him how long he would stay. He replied that he would stay for five days.
(b) The boy humbly requested the teacher to excuse him and promised that he would never do so again.
Ans:-The boy said to the teacher, "Please excuse me, sir. I will never do so again."

HS - 2009
(a) Rohit said to his friends, Let us go and help the flood affected people."
Ans:-Rohit proposed his friends that we should go and help the flood affected people.
(b) I asked Priyam what she was doing. Priyam replied that she was preparing her lesson.
Ans:-I said to Priyam, "What are you doing?" "I am preparing my lesson." replied Priyam.

HS - 2008
(a) "Rashmi," Karan said, "I have a very important matter to discuss with you today. You must give me your attention.
Ans:-Karan told Rashmi that he had a very important matter to discuss with her that day and so she must him her attention.
(b) The teacher ordered Joe to stand up and asked him why he has not prepared his lesson. He told him that he would write to his father.
Ans:-The teacher said to Joe, "Stand up. Why have not you prepared your lesson? I shall write to your father."

HS - 2007
(a) He said, "I don't wish to see any of you go away."
Ans:-He said that he didn't wish to see any of them and told them to go away.
(b) The traveler asked the peasant if he could tell him the nearest inn. The peasant replied that he could.
Ans:-The traveler said to the peasant, "Can you tell me the nearest inn?" The peasant replied, "Yes, I can."

HS - 2006
(a) "Hercules," said the goddess of Virtue, " I offer myself to you, I know you are descended from the gods and that you have given proofs of that by your love of virtue."
Ans:-The goddess of Virtue told Hercules that she offered herself to him because she knew he was descended from the gods and that he had given proofs of that by his love if virtue.
(b) When John asked Marry whether she would help him, she replied that she would.
Ans:-When John said to Marry, Will you help me?" She said, "I will."

HS - 2005
(a) "Noting can be avoided," said Caesar, "Which the god had purposed. These omens appear to everyone, not only Caesar."
Ans:-Caesar said that nothing could be avoided which the god had purposed. He further said that those omens appear to everyone, not only to Caesar.
(b) The teacher asked the student if he had prepared his lesson. The student replied  politely that he had not. 
Ans:-The teacher said to student, "Have you prepared your lesson?" The student said,  "Sir, I've not."

HS - 2004
(a) The traveler said to the peasant, "Can you show me the nearest inn?" "Yes." said the peasant.
Ans:-The traveler asked the peasant if he could show him the nearest inn. The peasant replied that he could.
(b) She said to her son that he was old and lonely and asked him if he had no pity on her loneliness.
Ans:-She said to her son, "I am old and lonely. Do you have no pity on my loneliness?"

HS - 2003
(a) "I've just bought a car," said Peter, "but it is not insured yet, so I can't take you for a ride."
Ans:-Peter told me that he had just bought a car, but that was not insured till then, so he could not take me for a ride.
(b) The man said that they had been there for two and a half months and they are going to stay another six months.
Ans:-The man said, "We have been here for two and a half months and we are going to stay another six months."

HS - 2002
(a) The boy said to the teacher, "Sir, I am weak in English and seek your advice."
"Read the text thoroughly and try to express your ideas in simple correct English." said the teacher.
Ans:-The boy politely told the teacher that he was weak in English and sought his advice.
The teacher advised him to read the text thoroughly and try to express the ideas in simple correct English.
(b) I asked my friend why he looked so sad. He replied that his father was seriously ill and there was little hope of his recovery.
Ans:- I said to my friend, "Why do you look so sad?" He replied, "My father is seriously ill and there is little hope of his recovery.


1. Click here for Report Writing by Rupjyoti Goswami

2. Click here for Letter writing by Rupjyoti Goswami

3. Click here for Poster writing

4. Click here for A few important Letter writing

5. Click here for Degree of comparison by Rupjyoti Goswami

6. Rules for Transforming Sentences

7. Click here for fully solved HS Correct Tenses

8. Click here for fully solved HS Narration

9. Click here for fully solved HS Voice Change

10. Click here for fully solved HS Preposition

11. Click here for fully solved HS transformation of sentences.

12. Click here for Notice Writing by Mr. Rupjyoti Goswami.

13. Click here for Unseen Passage

14. Click here for Usage Present Indefinite Tense

15. Click here for Simple Complex and compound sentence.


Mr. Rupjyoti Goswami
Post Graduate Teacher (English)
Bhogeswar Hazarika Girls' Higher Secondary School, Bebejia, Nagaon, Assam.
Email: rupjyotigoswami983@gmail.com
Mobile: 9864425896.
Contact us (whatsapp no-7020477396) for free notes on English, Political Science, Logic & Philosophy, MIL Assamese, Advanced Assamese, Swadesh Adhyayan, Economics, Education, History.

Previous
Next Post »

3 Comments

Click here for Comments