-->

HSLC grammar Correct Tense - 2

 Correct Tense । Some important correct tenses


Correct Tense [Some important correct tenses] English Grammar Correct Tense
1. We (do) our lessons when the lights went out.
Ans:-We were doing our lessons when the lights went out.

2. I want to go for a walk. But I (not finish) my work yet.
Ans:- I want to go for a walk. But I have not finished my work yet.

3. He (work) here from 2001 to 2011.
Ans:-He had been working here from 2001 to 2011.

4. The police will arrest him when he (leave) the house.
Ans:-The police will arrest him when he leaves the house.

5. I usually (go) to bed at 11o'clock.
Ans:- I usually go to bed at 11 o'clock.

6. I (write) the letter last night.
Ans:-I wrote the letter last night.

7. He (sit) in the library when I saw him.
Ans:-He was sitting in the library when I saw him.

8. All the answers to the questions (be) wrong.
Ans:-All the answers to the questions are/were wrong.

9. I always boil water I (drink) it.
Ans:-I always boil water I drinking it.

10. Please stop singing because I (try) to work.
Ans:-Please stop singing because I am trying to work.

11. The teacher (know) the boy was lying.
Ans:-The teacher knew the boy was lying.

12. As soon as I came in, she (leave) the room.
Ans:-As soon as I came in, she left the room.

13. When I passed the house, I saw he (clean) the car.
Ans:-When I passed the house, I saw he was cleaning the car.

14. The referee blew the whistle and then the match (begin)
Ans:-The referee blew the whistle and then the match began.

15. If I were you, I (not do) it.
Ans:-If I were you, I would not have done it.

16. Your father tells me you (work) in the bank now.
Ans:-Your father tells me you work in the bank now.

17. The news (release) as soon as the meeting is over.
Ans:-The news is released as soon as the meeting is over.

18. He (sit) in the library when I saw him.
Ans:-He was sitting in the library when I saw him.

19. The boy was so dirty that he looked as if he (lie) in the mud.
Ans:-The boy was so dirty that he looked as if he lied in the mud.

20. The First World War (last) for four years and ended in 1918.
Ans:-The First World War was lasted for four years and ended in 1918.

21. Your letter (reach) me yesterday.
Ans:-Your letter reached me yesterday.

22. The train (arrive) when I reached the station.
Ans:- The train was arriving when I reached the station.

23. To hate man (be) the biggest sin.
Ans:-To hate man is the biggest sin.

24. I will speak to him when he (come).
Ans:-I will speak to him when he comes.

25. While I (run) after the bus I dropped my wallet.
Ans:-While I ran after the bus I dropped my wallet.

26. The rubbish van (come) again afternoon tomorrow.
Ans:-The rubbish van will come again afternoon tomorrow.

27. At eight o'clock tomorrow evening the President (speak) to the nation.
Ans:-At eight o'clock tomorrow evening the President will speak to the nation.

28. We (stay) in Kolkata during the coming Puja Holidays.
Ans:-We will stay in Kolkata during the coming Puja Holidays.

29. I (wait) for you since morning.
Ans:-I have been waiting for you since morning.

30. By three O'clock the committee (interview) thirty candidate.
Ans:-By three O'clock the committee will interview/interviewed thirty candidate.

31. We [finish] the work just now.
Ans:-We have finished the work just now.

32. She [write] a letter yesterday.
Ans:-She wrote a letter yesterday.

33. They [hold] a meeting tomorrow.
Ans:-They will hold a meeting tomorrow.

34. The boy [pluck] some flowers yesterday.
Ans:-The boy plucked some flowers yesterday.

35. Mother [give] a wrist watch last year.
Ans:-Mother gave a wrist watch last year.



Mr. Rupjyoti Goswami
Post Graduate Teacher (English)
Bhogeswar Hazarika Girls' Higher Secondary School, Bebejia, Nagaon, Assam.
Email: rupjyotigoswami983@gmail.com
Mobile: 9864425896. 
Previous
Next Post »