-->

HSLC solved Correct Tense

HSLC solved Correct Tense 


HSLC-2022

(a) He (ring) the bell when I was reading.
Ans:- He rang the bell when I was reading.
(6) Nobody (know) where he lives.
Ans:- Nobody knows where he lives.
(c) The guests (arrive) before the dinner was set.
Ans:- The guests had arrived before the dinner was set.

HSLC-2021 (Special)
(a) Please call me as soon as the Cricket team (arrive).
Ans:-Please call me as soon as the Cricket team arrives
(b) He (go) to the function yesterday.
Ans:-He went to the function yesterday
(c) The glass (break) by somebody last evening.
Ans:-The glass was broken by somebody last evening.

HSLC - 2020
(a) I (go) there before she went.
Ans : I had gone there before she went.
(b) Ten years (pass) since I met you last.
Ans : Ten years has passed since I met you.
(c) When she came I (write) a letter.
Ans : When she came I was writing a letter.

HSLC - 2019
(a) They (live) in Delhi for ten years.
Ans : They have been living in Delhi for ten years.
(b) When they came it (be) all over.
Ans : When they came it was all over.
(c) He (stay) here until you return.
Ans : He will stay here until you return
 

HSLC - 2018
(a) If I (be) you, I would not have called him again.
Ans: If I were you, I would not have called him again.
(b) The Principal is not in his room. He (go) out.
And : The Principal is not in his room. He has gone out.

HSLC - 2017
(a) If it (rain) we shall not go out.
Ans: If it rains, we shall not go out.
(b) We (know) each other for the last ten years.
Ans: We have known each other for the last ten years.

HSLC - 2016
(a) It is time we (go) to bed.
Ans : It is time we went to bed.
(b) She behaves as if she (know) everything.
Ans : She behaves as if she knew everything.

HSLC - 2015
(a) The bell rang after we (finish) our work.
Ans : The bell rang after we had finished our work.
(b) Please ring me up as soon as he (come).
Ans : Please ring me up as soon as he comes.

HSLC - 2014
(a) She ____ a book when I saw her. (read)
Ans : She was reading a book when I saw her.
(b)She ____ a teacher since 2002. (be)
Ans : She has been a teacher since 2002.

HSLC - 2013
(a) I wish I (be) a king.
Ans : I wish I were a king.
(b) The boy (sleep), don't disturb him.
Ans : The boy is sleeping, don't disturb him.

HSLC - 2012
(a) She said that she (will) help her friend.
Ans : She said that she would help her friend.
(b) The boys (play) in the garden when the tree fell down.
Ans : The boys were playing in the garden when the tree fell down.

HSLC - 2011
(a) We (know) each other for five years.
Ans : We have known each other for five years.
(b) The other day I (meet) a magician in the market.
Ans : The other day I met a magician in the market.

HSLC - 2010
(a) He jumped off the bus while it ____.(move)
Ans : He jumped off the bus while it was moving.
(b) He said that he ____ the letter. (post)
Ans : He said that he would post the letter.
 (or) He said that he had posted the letter.
(c) He ____ a teacher since 1994. (be)
Ans : He has been a teacher since 1994.

HSLC - 2009
(a) The lady slipped while she (climb) the steps.
Ans : The lady slipped while she was climbing the steps.
(b) We shall wait here until he (come) back.
Ans : We shall wait here until he comes back.
(c) He talks as if he (know) everything.
Ans : He talks as if he knew everything.

HSLC - 2008
(a) Our teacher ____ to London last year. (go)
Ans : Our teacher went to London last year.
(b) John ____ a number of short stories. (write)
Ans : John has written a number of short stories.
(c) We should never ____ a lie. (tell)
Ans : We should never tell a lie.

HSLC - 2007
(a) The new teacher ____ us now for six months. (teacher)
Ans : The new teacher has been teaching us now for six months.
(b) Mohan ____ home before it started raining. (reach)
Ans : Mohan had reached home before it started raining.
(c) He told us that he never ____ a lie (tell)
Ans : He told us that he never tells a lie.

HSLC - 2006
(a) Father is not at home; he ____ out (go).
Ans : Father is not at home; he has gone out.
(b) He ____ the station before the train departed. (reach)
Ans : He had reached the station before the train departed.
(c) It's time we ____ home. (return)
Ans : It's time we returned home.

HSLC - 2005.
(a) I hurried back to the room ___(feel) very nervous, for it is much easier ___(steal) something than to return it undetected.
Ans : I hurried back to the room feeling very nervous, for it is much easier to steal something than to return it detected.
(b) I ___(open) the door quietly, then___(stand) in the doorway in clouded moonlight.
Ans : I opened the door quietly, then stood in the doorway in the clouded moonlight.
(c) Anil was still asleep. I ___(creep) to the head of the bed my hand ___(come) up with the notes.
Ans : Anil was still asleep. I crept to the head of the bed my hand came up with the notes.

HSLC - 2004
(a) He can not play in the match as he____ his foot. (injury)
Ans : He can not play in the match as he has injured his foot.
(b) I wish I____ help you. (can)
Ans : I wish I could help you.
(c) If I ____ you, I should not accept that post. (be)
Ans : If I were you I should not accept that post.

HSLC - 2003
(a) We ____ each other for the last ten years. (Know)
Ans : We have known each other for the last ten years.
(b) If I ____ his address, I would have contacted him. (Know)
Ans : If I had known his address, I would have contacted him.
(c) Look, there ____ the bus. (go)
Ans : Look, there goes the bus.

HSLC - 2002
(a) When he started for office, it still(rain).
Ans : When he started for office, it was still raining.
(b) I (not meet) my friend for ages.
Ans : I have not met my friend for ages.
(c) If you (request) him, he would have helped you.
Ans : If you had requested him, he would have helped you.
(d) She (work) in this school since 1990.
Ans : She has been working in this school since 1990.
(e) We two (be) friends for long.
Ans : We two are friends for long.

HSLC - 2001
(a) They (live) in Delhi for ten years.
Ans : They have been living in Delhi for ten years.
(b) She died after she (suffer) for five years.
Ans : She died after she had suffered for five years.
(c) Ten years (pass) since I met you.
Ans : Ten years have passed since I met you.
(d) When he came, it (be) all over.
Ans : When he came, it was all over.
(e) He (stay) here until you return.
Ans : He will stay here until you return.

HSLC - 2000
(a) He (walk) across the road when a scooter hit him.
Ans : He was walking across the road when a scooter hit him.
(b) I wish I (accept) the job.
Ans : I wish I accepted the job.
(c) Hurry up, the taxi (wait).
Ans : Hurry up, the taxi is waiting.

HSLC - 1999
(a) We shall wait here until he (come) back.
Ans : We shall wait here until he comes back.
(b) When he came in, I (write) a letter.
Ans : When he came in, I was writing a letter.

HSLC - 1998
(a) When he entered my home, I _____( write ) a letter.
Ans : When he entered my home, I was writing a letter.
(b) The match ( start ) before we reached the field.
Ans : The match had started before we reached the field.
(c) It is time you (go) home.
Ans : It is time you went home.
 

Mr. Rupjyoti Goswami
Post Graduate Teacher (English)
Bhogeswar Hazarika Girls' Higher Secondary School, Bebejia, Nagaon, Assam.
Email: rupjyotigoswami983@gmail.com
Mobile: 9864425896.

Previous
Next Post »

5 Comments

Click here for Comments
Mini S
admin
December 11, 2022 at 2:30 PM ×

Very helpful sir. Will be helpful for HSLC candidates.Thanks sir.

Reply
avatar
Taikaman
admin
December 11, 2022 at 3:47 PM ×

Thank you so much sir 💕💕

Reply
avatar
December 11, 2022 at 5:05 PM ×

Thank you everyone for the inspiring comments

Reply
avatar
Unknown
admin
December 11, 2022 at 6:56 PM ×

āĻ›াāĻ¤্ā§° āĻ¸āĻ•āĻ˛ā§° āĻ¯āĻĨেāĻˇ্āĻŸ āĻ‰āĻĒāĻ•াā§°āĻ¤ āĻ†āĻšিāĻŦ । āĻ§āĻ¨্āĻ¯āĻŦাāĻĻ ।

Reply
avatar