-->

HSLC Sentence Correction


HSLC Sentence Correction


Fully solved Sentence correction in HSLC
HSLC-2022
(a) Haren was appointed in the post.
Ans:- Haren was appointed to in the post.
(b) It is raining since last night.
Ans:- It has been raining since morning.
(c) How much money you need? HSLC-2019
Ans:- How much money do you need?
(d) Five kilograms are not so heavy to carry.
Ans:- Five kilograms is not so heavy to carry.
(e) The old man died from COVID-19.
Ans:- The old man died of COVID-19.

HSLC-2021 (Special)
(a) My aim in life is to become doctor.
Ans:-My aim in life is to become a doctor.
(b) We cannot look in the dark.
Ans:-We cannot see in the dark.
(c) How much money you need?
Ans:-How much money do you need?
(d) He has bought this car last year.
Ans:-He bought this car last year.
(e) I do not know who are you.
Ans:-I do not know who you are.
(f) It can rain tonight.
Ans:-It may rain tonight.
 
HSLC-2020
(a) Her son-in-law's are rich man.
Ans: Her son-in-law is a rich man.
(b) It is raining since morning.
Ans: It has been raining since morning.
(c) How you know him?
Ans: How do you know him?
(d) I and he are brothers.
Ans:- We are brothers.
(e) He is senior than me in age.
Ans: He is senior to me in age.
(f) I do not know to do it.
Ans: I do not know how to do it.

HSLC 2019
(a) It can rain tonight.
Ans: It may rain tonight.
(b) The cattles were grazing in the field.
Ans: The cattle were grazing in the field.
(c) Each of the boys play cricket.
Ans: Each of the boys plays cricket.
(d) How much money you need?
Ans: How much money do you need?
(e) When you do your homework?
Ans: When do you do your homework?
(f) I do not know to do it.
Ans: I do not know how to do it.

HSLC 2018
(a) He took out his shoes.
Ans : He took off his shoes.
(b) I do not know who are you.
Ans : I do not know who you are.
(c) She said that she will arrive at 6 p.m.
Ans : She said that she would arrive at 6 p.m.
(d) She prefers milk than curd.
Ans : She prefers milk to curd.

HSLC 2017
(a) Nitu is my cousin sister.
Ans : Nitu is my cousin.
(b) She prefers tea than coffee.
Ans : She prefers tea to coffee.
(c) I gave him a few rupees I had.
Ans : I gave him the few rupees I had.
(d) He is working hardly.
Ans : He is working hard.

HSLC 2016
(a) The sceneries of Arunachal Pradesh is charming.
Ans : The scenery of Arunachal Pradesh is charming.
(b) I am feeling cold.
Ans : I feel cold.
(c) Bread and butter make a good breakfast.
Ans : Bread and butter makes a good breakfast.
(d) The news are true.
Ans : The news is true.

HSLC 2015
(a) I don't know to do it.
Ans : I don't know how to do it.
(b) It is you who is to to be blamed.
Ans : It is you who are to be blamed.
(c) He told me that his brother is writing that letter.
Ans : He told me that his brother was writing that letter.
(d) He asked me where do I live.
Ans : He asked me where Iived.

HSLC 2014
(a) I saw a strange dream last night.
Ans : I dreamt a strange dream last night.
(b) He is a coward person.
Ans : He is a coward.
(c) His uncle sells second hand furnitures.
Ans : His uncle sells second hand furniture.
(d) The sceneries of Arunachal Pradesh is charming.
Ans : The scenery of Arunachal Pradesh is charming.
(e) She narrated the story shortly.
Ans : She narrated the story briefly.

HSLC 2013
(a) Money isn't the solution for every problem.
Ans : Money isn't the solution to every problem.
(b) This hotel provides fooding and lodging.
Ans : This hotel provides food and lodging.
(c) Mr. Das deals with tea.
Ans : Mr. Das deals in tea.
(d) She came back with bag and baggage.
Ans : She came back bag and baggage.
(e) We spent the evening listening music.
Ans : We spent the evening listening to music.

HSLC 2012
(a) He is a MRCP and his brother is a FRCS.
Ans : He is an MRCP and his brother is an FRCS.
(b) Six miles are a long distance.
Ans : Six miles is a long distance.
(c) All his kiths and kins are against him.
Ans : All his kith and kin are against him.
(d) He is my cousin brother.
Ans : He is my cousin.
(e) I go to school by foot.
Ans : I go to school on foot.

HSLC 2011
(a) We need some furnitures.
Ans : We need some furniture.
(b) The both parents were present at the function.
Ans : Both the parents were present at the function.
(c) When you do your homework?
Ans : When do you do your homework?
(d) Please tell me who is your headmaster.
Ans : Please tell me who your headmaster is.
(e) I have visited the zoo last year.
Ans : I visited the zoo last year.

HSLC 2010
(a) He learnt the poem by his heart.
Ans : He learnt the poem by heart.
(b) I do exercise in the morning.
Ans : I exercise in the morning.
(c) Either this is true or false.
Ans : This is either true or false.
(d) He is not capable to do it.
Ans : He is not capable of doing it.
(e) This carpet is feeling smooth.
Ans : This carpet feels smooth.
(f) Don't do anything in hurry.
Ans : Don't do anything in a hurry.

HSLC 2009
(i) My ambition is to become engineer.
Ans : My ambition is to become an engineer.
(ii) You must stop to write now.
Ans : You must stop writing now.
(iii) It is you who has done wrong.
Ans : It is you who have done wrong.
(iv) We can't look in the dark.
Ans : We can't see in the dark
(v) Oranges are good to be eaten.
Ans : Oranges are good to eat.
(vi) He prefers coffee than tea.
Ans : He prefers coffee to tea.

HSLC 2008
(a) I asked him how far was it to the nearest town.
Ans : I asked him how far it was to the nearest town.
(b) In her first book she describes about her childhood.
Ans : In her first book she describes her childhood.
(c) I can't go out because I have too many work to do.
Ans : I can't go out because I have lots of work to do.
(d) He loves the music and playing the guitar.
Ans : He loves music and playing on the guitar.
(e) The opposite to 'increase' is 'decrease'.
Ans : The opposite of 'increase' is 'descrease.'
(f) He thinks that the price for oil is bound to increase.
Ans : He thinks that the price for oil is likely to increase.

HSLC 2007
(a) Oranges are good to be eaten.
Ans : Oranges are good to eat.
(b) The matter was informed to the police.
Ans : The matter was informed
(c) The train will leave in time.
Ans : The train will leave on time.
(d) You have less books than I have.
Ans : You have few books than I have.
(e) Do you repent for your misdeed?
Ans : Do you repent of your misdeed?
(f) You should not do such mistakes.
Ans : You should not make such mistakes.

HSLC 2006
(a) They left the hotel with bag and baggage.
Ans : They left the hotel bag and baggage.
(b) If it will rain, we will not go out.
Ans : If it rains, we will not go out.
(c) He offered me a ten rupees note.
Ans : He offered me a ten rupee note.
(d) One of his family members lives in Chennai.
Ans : One of his family member lives in Chennai.
(e) Tell me where is the post office.
Ans : Tell me where the post office is.
(f) I am going to school by bus everyday.
Ans : I go to school by bus everyday.

HSLC-2005
(a) I paid hundred rupees for this shirt
Ans : I paid one hundred rupees for this shirt.
(b) He insisted on me to accompany him.
Ans : He insisted on my accompanying him.
(c) Let us hear his speech.
Ans : Let us listen to his speech.
(d) I know him for a long time.
Ans : I have known him for a long time.
(e) That boy does not even know the alphabets.
Ans : That boy does not even know the alphabet.
(f) We reached the station timely.
Ans : We reached the station in time.
 

Mr. Rupjyoti Goswami
Post Graduate Teacher (English)
Bhogeswar Hazarika Girls' Higher Secondary School, Bebejia, Nagaon, Assam.
Email: rupjyotigoswami983@gmail.com
Mobile: 9864425896.
Previous
Next Post »

2 Comments

Click here for Comments
Mini S
admin
January 29, 2023 at 10:42 AM ×

Very helpful for HSLC candidates.God bless you,sir

Reply
avatar