-->

English Grammar Correct Tense

 

Solved Correct Tense (2024-1999)

HS First year 2024

(i) If I (know) his address, I would have contacted him. 

Ans:- If I have known his address, I would have contacted him.

(ii) They (live) in Guwahati for five years.

Ans:- They have been living in Guwahati for five years.

(iii) Look, there (go) the bus.

Ans:- Look, there is going the bus.


HS First year 2023

(i) She (suffer) from fever since the day before yesterday. 

Ans:- She has been suffering from fever since the day before yesterday.

(ii) The play (start) before we reached the stadium.

Ans:- The play had started before we reached the stadium.


HS-2022

(i) We ____ (go) to school at 9 o'clock every day. 

Ans:- We go to school at 9 o'clock every day

(ii) I wish I ____ (be) a king. 

Ans:- I wish I were a king. 

(iii) It ____ (rain) since morning. 

Ans:- It has been raining since morning.

(iv) They ____ (send) my books by next week. 

Ans:- They will have sent my books by next week.


HS-2019
(i) I wish I (listen) to my parents' advice.
Ans:-I wish I listened to my parents' advice.
(ii) I (study) in this college for the last two years.
Ans:-I have been studying in this college for the last two years.

HS-2018
(i) Cricket (play) only in a few countries.
Ans:-Cricket is played only in a few countries.
(ii) She (be) absent for a month.
Ans:- She has been absent for a month.

HS-2017
(i) Football (play) all over the countries.
Ans:-Football is played all over the countries.
(ii) She behaves as if she (know) everything.
Ans:-She behaves as if she knew everything.

HS-2016
(i) English (speak) all over the world.
Ans:-English is spoken all over the world.
(ii) If it (rain), we will not go.
Ans:-If it rains, we will not go.

HS-2015
(a) I wish I ___ a king. (be)
Ans:-I wish I were a king
(b) The earth ___ round the sun.(revolve)
Ans:-The earth revolves round the sun.
(c) It ___ since morning.(rain)
Ans:-It has been raining since morning.
(d) The Prime Minister ___ here tomorrow. (come)
Ans:-The Prime Minister will come here tomorrow.
(e) If you came here, you ___ him. (see)
Ans:-If you came here, you could see him.

HS-2008
(a) My examination (begin) tomorrow.
Ans:-(i)My examination begins tomorrow.
Ans:-(ii)My examination will begin tomorrow.
(b) He can not go out now as he (feel) unwell.
Ans:-He can not go out now as he feels unwell.
(c) She (sent) me a postcard.
Ans:-She has sent me a post card.
(d) Where (be) you? Come home at once.
Ans:-Where are you? Come home at once.
(e) I (work) in this office for two more years.
Ans:-I shall work in this office for two more years.
(f) The sun (rise) in the east.
Ans:-The sun rises in the cast.
(g) They came back home after the guests (leave).
Ans:-They came back home after the guests had left.

HS-2007
(a) The teacher said that the earth (move) round the sun.
Ans:-The teacher said that the earth moves round the sun.
(b) I (wait) outside when I saw her coming.
Ans:-I was waiting outside when I saw her coming.
(c) She (be) in Shillong since 1990.
Ans:-She has been in Shillong since 1990.
(d) If I (be) you, I should not do that.
Ans:-If I were you, I should not do that.
(e) My brother (tell) me a story this morning.
Ans:-My brother told me a story this morning.
(f) The train (leave) the station before the team arrived.
Ans:-The train had left the station before the team arrived
(g) I wish I (know) all this.
Ans:-I wish I knew all this.

HS-2006
(i) The Bible (say) that love of money is the root of all evils.
Ans:-The Bible says that love of money is the root of all evils.
(ii) He (work) since the morning.
Ans:-He has been working since the morning.
(iii) They (go) to Delhi last month.
Ans:-They went to Delhi last month.
(iv) When I went to the room, the baby (cry)
Ans:-When I went to the room, the baby was crying.
(v) The game (start) before they reached the station.
Ans:-The game had started before they reached the station.
(vi) If he (come) today, he will meet my brother.
Ans:-If he comes today, he will meet my brother.
(vii) Raja (finish) the work before you come.
Ans:-Raja will have finished the work before you come.
(vii) If I (be) you, I should accept the offer.
Ans:-If I were you, I should accept the offer.

HS-2005
(i) The earth (revolve) round the sun.
Ans:-The earth revolves round the sun.
(ii) My friend (come) to see me yesterday.
Ans:-My friend came to see me yesterday.
(iii) When I arrived, Preety (talk) on the telephone.
Ans:-When I arrived, Preety was talking on the telephone.
(iv) It (rain) since 8 O'clock in this morning.
Ans:-It has been raining since 8 O'clock in this morning.
(v) Every year he (spend) his holidays in Kashmir.
Ans:-Every year he spends his holidays in Kashmir.
(vi) The train (start) before we reached the station.
Ans:-The train had started before we reached the station.
(vii) If I (be) you, I should not do that.
Ans:-If I were you, I should not do that.
(viii) They (finish) the work before you reach.
Ans:-They will have finished the work before you reach

HS-2004
(a) The boy (sleep), don't disturb him.
Ans:-The boy is sleeping, don't disturb him.
(b) We (hear) the sound of a cracker last evening.
Ans:-We heard the sound of a cracker last evening.
(c) If he comes today, he (meet) my brother.
Ans:-If he comes today, he will meet my brother.
(d) They (stay) in this house for two years.
Ans:-They have been staying in this house for two years.
(e) I (send) your books by next week.
Ans:-I shall have sent your books by next week.
(f) The play (start) before we reached the stadium.
Ans:-The play had started before we reached the stadium.
(g) I wish I (know) all this.
Ans:-I wish I knew all this.
(h) She (read) a book when I saw her.
Ans:-She was reading a book when I saw her.

HS-2003
(i) The Sun (rise) in the east.
Ans:-The Sun rises in the east.
(ii) She (suffer) from fever since the day before yesterday.
Ans:-She has been suffering from fever since the day before yesterday.
(iii) I (be) you, I should accept the offer.
Ans:-If I were you, I should accept the offer.
(iv) He (live) here for a long time.
Ans:-He has been living here for a long time.
(v) The train (leave) the station before you come.
Ans:-The train will have left the station before you come.
(vi) They (finish) the work before you come.
Ans:-They will have finished the work before you come
(vii) My brother (tell) me a story yesterday.
Ans:-My brother told me a story yesterday.
(viii) If it (rain), we shall not go to school.
Ans:-If it rains, we shall not go to school.

HS-2002
(i) The criminal justice system, the author (say) has failed to keep pace with the drug problem.
Ans:-The criminal justice system, the author says has failed to keep pace with the drug problem.
(ii) They (meet) together weekly now for two years.
Ans:-They have been meeting together weekly now for two years.
(iii) When peace is available, people (go) for it
Ans:-When peace is available, people go for it.
(iv) His parents (marry) for twelve years when he was born.
Ans:-His parents had been married for twelve years when he was born.
(v) The village (change) out it is still undisturbed.
Ans:-The village has changed but it is still undisturbed.
(vi) I (see) the Taj Mahal.
Ans:-I have seen the Taj Mahal.
(vii) He (see) the Taj Mahal last year.
Ans:-He saw the Taj Mahal last year.
(viii) The telephone (ring) for five minutes but there was no one to attend to it.
Ans:-The telephone had been ringing for five minutes but there was no one to attend to it.

HS-2001
(i) The Bible (say) that love of money is the root of all evils.
Ans:-The Bible says that love of money is the root of all evils.
(ii) I (wait) outside when I saw her coming.
Ans:-I was waiting outside when I saw her coming.
(ii) It (be) terribly hot yesterday.
Ans:-It was terribly hot yesterday.
(iv) She (cry) since this morning.
Ans:-She has been crying since this morning.
(v) You (come) back, won't you?
Ans:-You will come back, won't you?
(vi) He (live) in Shillong during his last years.
Ans:-He lived in Shillong during his last years.
(vii) I (hear) approaching storm.
Ans:-I hear approaching storm.
(vii) I find an extra plate on the table. Who (come) to dinner?
Ans:-(i) I find an extra plate on the table. Who will come to dinner?
Ans:-(ii) I find an extra plate on the table. Who is coming to dinner?

HS-2000
(i) Several passengers were (hurt) in the collision.
Ans:-Several passengers were hurt in the collision.
(ii) he had (think) of a good answer to the question.
Ans:-He had thought of a good answer to the question.
(iii) The winner (drive) the racing car skillfully.
Ans:-The winner drove the racing car skillfully.
(iv) Mark (dirty) his hands so he went to wash.
Ans:-Mark dirtied his hand so he went to wash.
(v) I went to bed early and (sleep) all night.
Ans:-I went to bed early and slept all night.
(vi) Everyday Mira (copy) sums from Ramesh.
Ans:-Everyday Mira copies sums from Ramesh.
(vii) The dog (eat) all his food and begged for more.
Ans:-The dog had eaten all his food and begged for more.
(viii) The Bible (say) that love of money is the root of all evils.
Ans:-The Bible says that love of money is the root of all evils.
(ix) The village (change) but it is still undisturbed.
Ans:-The village has changed but it is still undisturbed.

HS-1999
(i) The Sun (rise) in the east.
Ans:-The Sun rises in the east.
(ii) He (work) since morning.
Ans:-He has been working since morning.
(iii) Wait a minute, I (open) the door.
Ans:-Wait a minute, I am opening the door.
(iv) They (go) to Shillong last year.
Ans:-They went to Shillong last year.
(V) French (speak) in many countries of the world.
Ans:-French is spoken in many countries of the world.
(vi) They (sit) down and started eating.
Ans:-They sat down and started eating.
(V) The teacher (write) on the blackboard everyday.
Ans:- The teacher writes on the blackboard everyday. 


1. ফকৰা-যোজনা, ভাব সম্প্রসাৰণ কৰা । Proverbs in Assamese

2. উচ্চাৰণৰ ভিন্ন অৰ্থবোধক শব্দ । Same words with different meaning

3. চন্দ্রবিন্দু (ঁ) ৰ ব্যৱহাৰ । Uses of Chandrabindu

4. English Grammar Correct Tense

5.  English Grammar Determiner



Mr. Rupjyoti Goswami
Post Graduate Teacher (English)
Bhogeswar Hazarika Girls' Higher Secondary School, Bebejia, Nagaon, Assam.
Email: rupjyotigoswami983@gmail.com
Mobile: 9864425896.
Contact us (whatsapp no-7020477396) for free notes on English, Political Science, Logic & Philosophy, MIL Assamese, Advanced Assamese, Swadesh Adhyayan, Economics, Education, History.

Previous
Next Post »